So what's your dream? Maybe I should say, what was your dream?
Do you remember when you were little and you dreamed about life as a grownup? I do. I was going to own a flower shop, be a blond and marry one of the "New Kids On The Block". What happens to us that stops us from dreaming? Does life get in the way? If you ask a child what their dream is, they would have no problem telling you. So I ask again, what is your dream now?
A few days ago I got to live out one of my dreams. I was asked to work in a flower shop. Not only did I get to work at a flower, but I got to work at the air show. I walked in and could smell all the flowers. The ice box was just as cold as I had imagined it to be. I walked around and touched each flower. Who knew when I was going to be back. I needed to take it all in. We were on the mission to set up 100+ tables at the airshow. There was not much time to day dreaming, this was the real thing! We loaded up our delivery van and off we went.
After a few hours of sprinkling the tar mack with pixie dust, the rehearsal started. The sound of these huge air crafts was overwhelming. I watched as the planes took off and landed. I watched men jump out into the sky, falling down to the ground to hit the little target. Everywhere I could see where grown men looking out into the blue sky. While I was living out one of my dreams, I realized they may be letting one of theirs go. How many of these grown men where once young boys at the airshow with their dads? I wonder how many dreamed of being a pilot when they grew. What happened? When do we grow up and stop dreaming?
I saw the smiles on the children as they covered their ears. "When I grow up" was in the air.
So,what was it? Were you going to be a famous soccer star? A bike rider extraordinaire? How about climb Mt. Everest? We may not be able to do exactly what we dreamed, but we can modify it. Sure, I don't own a flower shop, but I get to play in one. I am not the pro-athlete that I thought I would be, but I get to practice with my kids. Everest...never, but I hike with my dog in these amazing mountains around us. And to my husband and kids, I ride one mean mountain bike! We may not own the car of our dreams, but we can still take a pictures next to it. We still get to dream. Don't let life get in your way!






1 comment:
Well put sister! Still dreaming...
Post a Comment