We are told that a sabbath day is important in our lives. What does that mean? To some that means you have to sit in church every Sunday and praise God. To others, you spend all day Sunday watching America's Next Top Model (which is what I used to do before my cable got taken away). The meaning of sabbath is defined as this...
noun: Sabbath- a day of rest and worship. Sunday of most Christians. Saturday for the Jews and Friday for Muslims.
I have decided to create my own type of a Sabbath day. One of my "not-so-new" favorite things is FRIEND FRIDAY. This is the way that I have been able to spend not only resting but also worshiping God through being with my friends. We have done all kinds of things. Picking Peaches, harvesting corn, baking cakes, reading books, talking over coffee, going to the thrift store, just doing life...really anything we can think of. Is it the most "HOLY" day? I guess that depends on what your day of holy is. To me, this is MY most holy day. I hate when I don't get to go into God's world alongside my friends. This is my Sabbath. I not only see God, but I thank God for my friends and through my friends.
What is your DAY OF REST? What brings you joy and renewal? If you don't have one...come join in on mine. I would love to spend Friend Friday with you!
Your DAY OF REST is RIPE for the PICKING!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment