Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sliding into summer...





OK, so I am skipping over spring and already looking forward to summer. Maybe even looking back into summer. Oh how I loved to slip and slide when I was kid. The rush of water in your face. Hoping to have fun but not break your back. That moment that you lost your breath when you hit the slide. Thinking how refreshing the water was going to be, only to find out that it isn't. Will we as adults feel those moments again? Will we ever feel comfortable to stand in our bathing suits in front of our friends, not caring what they think, but just waiting for our turn. Can we freeze time for them? Is there a way that we can let them know how precious these moments are in their lives. To stop our lives long enough to enjoy it a second time around with them. I am going to try this summer. I am going to try to make this a summer of post-cards in my mind. To take the picture, to not care what I look like, to worry if the house is clean, to watch them be kids and remember those days of joy. SPLASH!

No comments: