Sunday, March 29, 2009

All part of the job



Do you feel blessed to have your job? Do you feel like you were created for this time, right now, to be doing what you do? Can you say, that even if you got fired today...you would still do your job for free? I would and I did for several years. I am so honored to be doing the work I do. Let me tell you a couple of sucesses over the last few weeks at work. Please know that this is not my attempt to convert anyone, I just want you to share in my joy.

As most of you know, I am a Children's Director. That means that I get paid to tell kids about Jesus. To be able to share a passion of mine and get paid should be good enough. Most of my time is spent with 5th & 6th graders. Well, last week, 9 kids made commitments to Christ. That is huge! See, that is the whole goal in what I do. Not to make children commit to God, but just to tell them about Him. See, we all have free will. I believe that we should each make that choice for ourselves.
Last weekend, I was able to preach to over 2000 adults. That is not one of my confort spots. I feel more at home infront of a group of 12 year olds. I shared with them how important it is for us to love on these kids. We also need to be willing to be honest with them and ourselves about who we are and who we were. The truth is, they are dealing with the same issues we are. Do you remember how it was to be young? Do you remember how big a zit was in your world, let alone, your parents getting divorced? We have to remember that whenever there is a child in front of you, it is a divine appointment. You can change their lives by one kind word. It is true. If you are interested in hearing the message, go to www.canyonviewvineyard.org to check it out. My boss Seth and I both spoke. I am the second half.
And then, to top it all off, tonight I got to do baptisms. I would have to say that this is one of my favorite parts of my job. accept for that fact that you have to be infront of a huge group of people in swimwear. After you have chosen to follow Christ, we are commanded to be baptised in his name. I have had the privilege of baptising over 30 people this year. This is not some running tally that I keep, but I do like to remember them. Every person that I am part of helping make that commitment, I have them put their name in my bible. This is what God does. He opens up that big book of life and writes you name down in it.
If you are a mom, dad, Grammy, grandpa, aunt, uncle, friend, coach, captain, neighbor, teacher, school nurse, remember, you are helping to shape our children. Thank you for the love that you have put into mine.
Thank you for letting me share. Please be opened minded. If you have any questions, or would like to chat...you know where to find me. Share you successes with me too. I would love to celebrate along side of you.

No comments: