Saturday, March 28, 2009

20 years and counting...


20years and counting. That is how long I have had my best friend. Do you think it is important to have one? I do. I don't know if I always knew how important Gina has been to me. See, life is easy with a best friend. Now, anyone who know Gina and I may be thinking "Really, easy? You guys are so different". The truth is, we are but, it is easy! Gina knows me. She loves me. We don't get the choice of who our family will be, but we do choose our friends. I think it's a little like dating. We don't have to do the small talk thing. "Tell me about you hopes and dreams. What about your family? What do you like to do? Who did you vote for?" We know all that and still we choose to be friends. Gina challenges me in a way that not very many others can. There is only one other person who knows we like Gina, and I married him.
If you have a best friend, make sure you tell them how much they mean to you. So here goes... "I love you Betty. Thanks for being my best friend. XOXO Al"

No comments: