Have you had one of those days that you know you will never forget? I moment in time that seems so surreal. When you can be standing in a crowd of 20,000 people and not hear a sound. That was my yesterday.
After 7 short hours of waiting on the field, out walked Sarah. Now mind you that I have watched countless hours of news and heard tons of radio. I am familiar with what she believes and stands for so please don't take this next part as ignorance. I don't remember one word of what she said. Time just sort of stopped for me. Is that silly?
I made sure that Madison was right up in front so she could see. I wanted this to be engraved in her mind. Sarah spoke, we yelled and waived our signs. Charlie was up on papas shoulders. He said that he wanted to marry Piper (Sarah's daughter). And then it was over. The music started to play and it was over. Then... the true moment happened. Sarah left the stage and in a crowd of 20,000 people, she came over to Madison. In this picture you can see her bending down to ask her what her name is. A chance encounter that can change a life. She signed an autograph for her. Soon Todd Palin came over and signed her hand.
Here is the main point. I don't have to tell you who I am voting for. I am sure that all of us know by now where we stand. Let's just agree to disagree and find the silver lining in all of this.
If you are a pregnant teen, a child of a single parent, a kid raised by their grand parents, a person who has ever been made fun of because of a a silly name, a soldier in the pits of pain and misery, a man of a failed marriage, a girl living in a small town, a black child in an inner city, a mom of five children, a parent with a handy capped child, someone who has had a past yet dreams of a future, a widowed parent trying to get through each day, YOUR DAY IS HERE!
No matter who wins, there is a story of hope in it. Tell your children of the amazing people that have overcome amazing hardship by the grace of God. Tell them of how far we have come as a nation. Tell them that we live in a wonderful country. Where we can all be who we were created to be.
We may not have everything in common, red or blue, Democrat or Republican, but we do have a common love for this country. Let us agree to put COUNTRY FIRST and God Bless the USA!
May the best man (and women) win...wink, wink...






1 comment:
Leah so very well said!!!!! So glad you got to go! A real moment of a lifetime!
Post a Comment