Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wake Up Sleeping Beauty

What does your house look like on Tuesday nights? This is mine. Last year I was blessed to have 10 teen age boys at my house. Oh how a year changes everything. Now I have 9 jr high girls. It has been such an eye opener to talk to them. I thought that being a kid was hard when I was a kid. We had NOTHING to deal with like these girls do. Theirs is so different now. The emotions are the same. I remember those. The relationship are the same. For some reason now they seem bigger to me. Is that the difference between girls eyes and mom eyes?
Am I seeing it with a heart that longs for it to be easier for them? More innocent. More 80's. More Smurfs...
I love that they let me live in their space. That they trust me to be part of their lives. To hear the secrets of their world. I love that they talk to me and listen when I talk.

No comments: